The Recreational Golf Committee was implemented to raise awareness and layout various programs available to recreational golfers throughout British Columbia. This would include, but would not be limited to:
- Instruction programs
- Golf Leagues
- Special times and days for different types of players
- Special green fees offered for different levels
- Packages that include two or more of the following; practice, instruction, equipment, green fees, league fees, food and beverage
The hopes of the Committee categorizing these programs would lead to creating a list of programs that would identify:
- What is available to the recreational golfer
- If there are gaps in what is being offered (either overall or regional)
- If there are overlaps in what is being offered
- Develop a list of programs that are working well (a best practices list)
Providing a list of these programs would have the potential to:
- Allow the industry to decide whether new initiatives are justified or existing programs could be branded or re-branded to the consumer.
- Allow a growth and/or marketing strategy to be developed.
- As part of the marketing plan allow a website to be developed that could serve as the landing point for recreational golfers in British Columbia
On behalf of the committee, we welcome any feedback and recommendations on assisting and growing programs for recreational golfers in British Columbia. Should you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me at your convenience.
Recreational Golf Committee Chair